Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A prophecy of the Savior: Is 50:5-6

"The Lord GOD has opened My ear; and I was not disobedient nor did I turn back. I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting." (Isaiah 50:5-6)
Jesus fulfilled this scripture.
"Then he released Barabbas for them; but after having Jesus scourged, he handed Him over to be crucified. They stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. And after twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand; and they knelt down before Him and mocked Him, saying, 'Hail, King of the Jews!' They spat on Him, and took the reed and began to beat Him on the head." (Matthew 27:26,28-30)

David Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment