Monday, June 27, 2005

I will not die in prison: Is 51:14

"The exile will soon be set free, and will not die in the dungeon, nor will his bread be lacking." (Isaiah 51:14)
This verse has been my confession of late. God is in the process of healing and restoring our lives. The Apostle John said that "The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8) The Greek word for "destroy" means to loosen. Jesus came to loosen the works for the enemy in our lives. The word picture is of a ball of string that is all knotted up. Jesus came to untie the knots and to loose the string. Knot by knot, Jesus is loosing us and setting us free.

As I consider this verse, I am aware that there are still areas of my life that need loosening. There are still areas where I am not completely free. I am still a work in progress. I am not perfect, but I'm also not the person I used to be. This scripture has encouraged me that, though there are still areas of my life that need redeeming, I am not to die in the prison. God is still working in my life. He is still saving and delivering me. Paul encourages us "that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6) My destiny is not to die in my wretchedness, but to be set free. I may still have a long way to go but, bless God, He's not done with me yet!

David Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment