Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I have and will carry you: Is 46:3-4

"Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, you who have been borne by Me from birth and have been carried from the womb; even to your old age I will be the same, and even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." (Isaiah 46:3-4)
A while ago, there was a brother in my church who came to me for counsel concerning his future. He was working in an industry that was undergoing some changes. He was afraid to stay with his company, afraid that his job would disappear, but he was also afraid of venturing out with another smaller company, afraid that the new company would not last. He was afraid to stay and afraid to go. When he look at his future, all he say was fear and uncertainty. He had forgotten that, in every situation he might face, God was with him.

God has promised that He would not leave us alone. God has worked in our lives in the past and He will continue to do so in our present and future. We can have courage that, no mater where our life may take us, God will always be with us.

As I look back on my life, I can see how, at each step along the way, God was right there to help see me through. Even when times were difficult, God was at my side, helping me and upholding me. It reminds me of what God said to the nation of Israel, "and in the wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place." (Deuteronomy 1:31) My testimony is that God has carried me in all the ways which I have walked. Even when I strayed from Him, He was still there to catch me when I fell. "Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions." (Deuteronomy 32:11) Eagles will push the young out of their nest and then catch them on their backs if they fail to fly. So too does our Father catch us when we stumble and fall.

Seeing how God has carried me in the past, I can look to the future without fear, knowing that what ever the future may bring, God will be there. I don't fear the future, but I trust in the loving arms of God to carry me there. The future may even hold some very difficult times, but I don't fear, for God will be with me, at my side, to comfort and uphold me. "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

David Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment